Farm to Fork procurement for resilient food regions
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability in partnership with the European Committee of the Regions are pleased to invite you to the 20th Anniversary EURegionsWeek Session (B@S series).
This will be a hybrid event.
Physical location: Committee of the Regions (CoR), Room JDE51 – Rue Belliard / Belliardstraat 99, 1000 Brussels
For digital attendance: information at the bottom of the page.
Welcome – Serafino Nardi, Head of Unit, Commission for Natural Resources, European Committee of the Regions
Animated video: Farm to Fork procurement with heart (2 minutes)
- Healthy school meals and food education for every child in every school in Europe – Sarah Wiener, Member of the European Parliament, Shadow Rapporteur Farm to Fork Strategy and Revision of the EU School Scheme
- A Farm to Fork minimum standard for public canteens and resilient food regions – Arno Kompatscher, President South Tyrol, CoR Member
- Implementing urban-rural food strategies with region-specific food education for children – Tunç Soyer, Mayor of Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, Turkey, and ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member
OFFICIAL HANDOVER CEREMONY
Special guest: Alexandra Nikolakopoulou, Head of Unit – Farm to Fork Strategy, DG SANTE
- Manifesto for EU Minimum Standards for Public Canteens (European Food Policy Coalition)
- EU Petition (Avaaz/ICLEI): A healthy school meal for every child in every EU school
Moderators: Peter Defranceschi, Head of ICLEI Brussels Office & Global CityFood Program
PLEASE REGISTER through the EURegionsWeek website
If you want to join the 11th October event remotely, please follow the steps below to be able to create an account and register for the session:
To access the event on Swapcard, click here.
Click on the button “JOIN THE EVENT” and enter your email, first name, family name and organisation. Do not forget to read the terms and conditions.
You will receive an email with the subject “Magic sign-in link” to proceed with the creation of your profile.
Now you can register for the event: ONLINE by clicking on “add to my schedule”.
Date11. Oktober 2022
Time4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
LocationCommittee of the Regions (CoR)
Rue Belliard 99